Please see below for details of any job opportunities we have available:
Seamstress/ Dressmaker Job Role
Shibumi is a small but well-established boutique fashion company with a passion for creating beautiful clothing in an ethical and sustainable way. We are looking for a highly skilled seamstress or dressmaker with pattern cutting/ grading skills who really loves sewing and creating beautifully finished garments.
The ideal candidate will also have strong customer service skills, will be well presented with excellent communication skills and a highly professional approach both in the studio and when seeing clients.
This is a part time position of one day a week (ideally a Friday) with the possibility of increased hours in the future. Working hours are 9.30am – 5.30pm with additional hours required a few times a year for visiting shows.
You will have a purpose-built workroom to work in as part of a small, friendly team.
The start of this role within our premises will be September with the possibility of an earlier start date on a freelance basis.
- Strong dressmaking / tailoring skills for both women’s and menswear.
- Pattern cutting and taking patterns from existing garments.
- Pattern grading for new designs.
- Excellent face to face customer communication skills. Some selling will be required at shows. (Extra training will be given.)
- Alterations of existing garments.
- Well-presented and confident seeing customers independently.
- Ability to work with own initiative and in a team.
- Good time keeping skills and ability to work to a deadline.
- Thorough attention to detail.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Ability to be flexible within the role and help with other areas of the business when required.
- Fashion drawing.
- Ability to make basic clutch bags. (Additional training can be provided.)
- Desire to sell in our Showroom.
This role is offered on a self-employed basis with an hourly rate of £12/ hour (this can be reviewed depending on experience).
An undergraduate degree in dressmaking/ fashion
At least 5 years’ experience working in the industry.
Please apply by emailing Ruth directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date 31st July 2020.